You can say what you want about Lotus Notes, if you have used it for a while and switched e.g. to Outlook, you’ll find yourself missing one or the other nifty Notes function.
Already two of my customers “forced” me to use MS Outlook 2003 and since this isn’t likely to change in the near future, I implemented two of these handy Notes functions for Outlook 2003:
- The button [Send only] sends e-mails without storing a copy of it in the local mailbox.
- The button [Send and File…] prompts you for the folder where to store the e-mail being send.
- Download the Visual Basic module in the favored language.
Send Mail Macros for MS Outlook 2003 (EN) (4.9 KiB, 4,807 hits)
Send Mail Macros for MS Outlook 2003 (DE) (5.1 KiB, 3,089 hits)
- In Outlook open the Visual Basic editor.
- Import the Visual Basic module.
- Save the project.
- Install the buttons in the toolbar.
- When composing a new e-mail the additional buttons should appear in the toolbar.
- When clicking “Send and File…” the folder dialog is displayed before the e-mail is send.