Now that I gained some experiences with WordPress, here comes a list of my favorite WordPress Plug-ins:
- Addicted To Live Search – Adds live search with ajax to the default search box.
- Add to Any: Share/Save/Bookmark Button – Lets readers share, save, and bookmark your posts using any service and browser.
- AdSense Manager – Control and arrange your AdSense & Referral blocks on your WordPress blog.
- Admin Drop Down Menu – Replaces admin menus with a CSS dropdown menu bar. Saves lots of clicks and page loads!
Advanced Tag Entry – Adds more advanced tag management to the post edit screen.
- Audio Player – Highly configurable single track mp3 player.
- Category Livemarks – Shows Live Bookmarks in Firefox per blog category.
- Clutter-Free – Allows authors to hide portions of the WordPress interface that you seldom use.
- Dragon Design Sitemap Generator – Auto-Generates a sitemap.
- Dashboard Editor – Allows you to customize the dashboard.
- Diagnosis – Adds a system configuration information page to the Dashboard.
- Exclude Pages from Navigation – Provides a checkbox on the editing page which you can check to exclude pages from the primary navigation.
- File Icons – Automatically displays icons before links within the content of your WordPress web site via CSS.
- Guestbook Generator – Generates a guest book for WordPress blogs.
- Language Switcher – Lets you set up a bilingual or multi-lingual blog, where you write all blog content, categories, etc. in multiple languages, and your readers choose which language to view
- o42-clean-umlauts – Das Plug-in konvertiert die deutschen Umlaute in den Beitragstiteln, Kommentaren und Feeds zu ASCII. – Aus ä,ü,ö,ß wird ein ae, ue, oe und ss.
- Ozh’ Better Feed – Allows you to enhance your feeds with several highly customizable features.
- Optimize DB – Lets you optimize your WordPress database tables with one click.
- Paged Comments – Breaks down comments into a number of pages.
- PJW WP Cache Inspect – Enables you to inspect how the built-in cache is working.
- Robots Meta – This plugin allows you to add all the appropriate robots meta tags to your pages and feeds, disable unused archives and nofollow unnecessary links.
- Simple Spoiler Enhanced – Add show/hide text enclosed within or [spoiler][/spoiler] with a link.
- Subscribe to Comments – Allows readers to receive notifications of new comments that are posted to an entry.
- WordPress Database Backup – On-demand backup of your WordPress database.
- WP-DownloadManager – Adds a simple download manager to your WordPress blog.
- WP-PostRatings – Adds an AJAX rating system for your WordPress blog’s post/page.
- WP-Stats – Display your WordPress blog statistics. Ranging from general total statistics, some of my plug-ins statistics and top 10 statistics.
- All in One SEO Pack – Out-of-the-box SEO for your WordPress blog.
- Google XML Sitemaps – This plug-in will generate a sitemaps.org compatible sitemap of your WordPress blog which is supported by Ask.com, Google, MSN Search and YAHOO.
- Permalinks Migration – With this plug-in, you can safely change your permalink structure without breaking the old links to your web site,and even doesn’t affect your search engine rankings.
- Search Meter – Keeps track of what your visitors are searching for.
- SEO Slugs – Removes common words from post slugs to improve SEO.
- Ultimate Google Analytics – Enable Google Analytics on your blog. Has options to also track external links, mailto links and links to downloads on your own site.
- Admin SSL – Secures Login and Admin pages using Private or Shared SSL
- Anonymous WordPress Plugin Updates – Anonymizes the data transmitted during plug-in update checking and notification system.
- AskApache Password Protect – Adds Password Protection to your wp-admin directory.
- Math Comment Spam Protection – Asks the visitor making the comment to answer a simple math question. This is intended to prove that the visitor is a human being and not a spam robot
- WordPress als CMS
- WordPress als CMS nutzen
- Categories versus Tags – What’s the Difference and Which One
- .htaccess for subdirectories
- 6 simple steps to hardening WordPress
- Hardening WordPress with .htaccess
- Hardening WordPress with mod_rewrite and .htaccess
- htaccess password protection for wp-admin